- Repeat patients need to fill the common forms with same information each time they visit a Northwell facility
- Maintaining private documents in form of paper is a huge logistical and operational cost
- Use of tablets in facilities can lead to longer queues and wait times since there are limited number of tabs
- Tablets are also a big cost to the company
- Access the forms anytime using their profile
-Once they schedule their appointment they can fill the forms before their appointment using the app or on website
- They do not need to fill the common forms every time the get an appointment, since a common system is used for all facilities
Team - 2 designers
My role – Experience Planning, User Journey, Work flow, Prototyping, Design
Project status– Ongoing
We started with identifying when a patient would need to fill a form and the multiple pathways to fill forms, example a new user filling forms using the app.
To fill forms a user needed to create a Northwell account and verify their identity whole signing up. The verification process was added to protect user's personal Health Information. We partnered with a third party app - Experian to verify a user's identity.
We mapped out different ways a new or old patient could land on a screen that prompted them to fill forms. The image below demonstrates the brainstorming for this process -
Wireframing and Design
The below mock-ups demonstrate the landing screening a user sees when they are logged out and are prompted to fill forms via an e-mail.
The screens below show the pathway of how a patient lands on the screen with forms through a notification on their phone.
This project required us to partner with existing and new third party apps which added limitations in terms of features and design. This is also an ongoing project and the work demonstrated here is the MVP version of the project.